Saturday, February 2, 2008

Everything I need to know about Adventuring I learned from my Mother.

When I was still only Knee high to a Galka, my mother would regail me of with her adventuring days. Unbeknownst to me the simple lessons my mother taught me would carry me through the my adventurers. There are some lessons my mother taught me are just more common sense, like she always told me to air out my subligar at least once a day.

1. A Good Meal Will help you survive the day.
Yuppers, mom was right. Food has been a wonderful part of adventurering. I can eat all the sweets I want, and all that running around keeps me looking hot.

2. Dress for the job you want.
One would not wear Chocobo Riding Gear to go Mining in, nor should a Dragoon Wear Full AF to party in.

3. Too much of good thing will come back to haunt you,
I know that Burst looks really pretty, and it makes a "Big Badda Boom" but it will also cause the Sea Monk to take a "Big Badda Chunk" out of your Defensless BLM Rear.

4. You don't always want to be the center of attention
Bridesmaid dresses are ugly for the same reason Paladins are shiney, it keeps the atteniton where it supposed to be.

5. Do unto others....
That's right piss off the Paladin long enough they will "Forget" they have Cover

6. Just because everybody else is doing it....
Yea, I know all the cool kids play with clubs, but the last 5 minutes of Assualt is not the time to level your club skill.

7. Teamwork makes things easier
Vana'diel is a lot like sex, things are better with a group.

8. It's not polite to point...
Death, much like is a Fact of Life in Vana'diel, when it happens deal with it. Don't blame the Tank.

9. What does not kill you will only make you stronger...
Solo WHM to level 10.
Valkrum Dunes
Magicked Skull
Valkrum Dunes again to level your Subjob
Getting to Jeuno on your own the first time
Kazahm Airship Pass

See, your still here, and I bet you're alot stronger now.

10. If you do not learn from your mistakes you are doomed to repeat them.
You can never escape Valkrum Dunes, but you learn alot everytime you go back there.

2 comments:

Levi Black said...

LOL awesome.

Anonymous said...

Dont know how else to get in touch with anyone from FFXI, and your blog has always stuck in my head. easy name to remember. Was wanting to come back but i cant remember the name of the linkshell and I've forgotten so much... sure i could pick it all back up. Drop me a line and let me know what you think about it:
Sincerely Santarutaru